Monday, February 22, 2016

{ arc } review || RECKLESS HEAT by Lynn Raye Harris


28542677
H.O.T. Publishing, LLC | February 23, 2016 | New Adult Romance
Hostile Operations Team, book 0.5
★★★★★

SOURCE: AUTHOR/PUBLICIST

He’s my best friend.
He’s everything I ever wanted.
And he doesn’t know how I feel.
I have three weeks left to tell him before he leaves this place forever…

There’s only one way I know how to do that.
I have to give him what I’ve never given anyone.
I’m going to ask him to be my first…

Matt Girard is the guy every girl wants. Rich, handsome, and popular, his future is brighter than the sun. Evie Baker comes from the wrong side of town. She loves Matt desperately, but he only sees her as his tomboy best friend instead of the young woman she’s blossomed into.

Until one fateful night when a reckless dare changes everything…

This is the prequel story to Hot Pursuit, Book 1 in the Hostile Operations Team Series.

{ review } .

Before there was Evie and Matt...

...well, there was little Evie and Matt.

I absolutely adore when authors do a 'series' prequel -- especially when we've already read so much of the series. Matt and Evie were book 1 in this HOT team, and being able to go back and actually 'witness' the event that had Evie hiding from Matt when he first walked into the salon after ten years away... I just loved it.

In this prequel, we learn how Matt and Evie's friendship started, and we watch as both grow up -- and begin to notice the other as more than just their rough-and-tumble, in the dirt with frogs and worms, friend.

I felt that Lynn Raye Harris's attempt at this new adult feel, friends-to-lovers romance was done extremely well. When she first announced this project, I was excited. As soon as I finished this, I went back to re-read HOT Pursuit, because I seriously was in need of Matt and Evie's HEA. A great quick read that will keep LRH/HOT readers happy, and may even give this series a few new readers.

{ series } .

HOT PURSUIT 5
HOT MESS 5
HOT PACKAGE 5
DANGEROUSLY HOT 5★ review } .
HOT SHOT 4★ review } .
HOT REBEL 5★ review } .
HOT ICE 4.5★ review } .
HOT AND BOTHERED 4.5review } .
HOT SEAL 5review } .
HOT PROTECTOR 5review } .

note: I have read the entire series; I simply read the first 4 books before starting this reviewing adventure (I went back to review DANGEROUSLY HOT because, hello -- it's Lucky and Kev's story). If you haven't read this series, HOT PURSUIT is free on Amazon :)

{ giveaway } .

here

No comments:

Post a Comment