Friday, February 12, 2016

review || RECOIL part three { release day } by Jessa Jacobs


28962081
Mad for Romance Publishing | February 12, 2016 | Step-Brother Romance
Recoil, book 3
★★★★★

SOURCE: HOT TREE PROMOTIONS

In this fast-paced conclusion to the Recoil serial trilogy, past and present collide as Julia and Colin desperately work to unravel the connections between the man who attacked Julia and the group that attacked her father. Will their allies put it together before someone else gets hurt? Can their fragile relationship withstand the turmoil? Who will be the next to lose their life?

Recoil, Book Three is the conclusion of a serialized trilogy. Books One and Two are already out and available exclusively on Amazon. Book Three is a longer episode that ties up loose ends, introduces a new budding romance, and provides a satisfying conclusion to the story.

{ about jessa jacobs } .

Like you, I’m a reader. When I read a good story with characters I can connect with, my everyday existence fades into the background as I enter a world that may contain exotic locations, adventure and excitement. And, if I can be totally honest with you, in my favorite stories I can fall in love for a while with an impossibly gorgeous guy who is the best lover imaginable.

So, maybe it won’t come as a surprise that in my books you’ll find hot alpha male book-boyfriends, sassy heroines who are much more clever and beautiful than I am, and stories I hope will make you laugh and cry while reading them, as I did while writing them. Oh, and some scenes you may want to role-play with your lover.

When I’m not writing (which is almost never) I enjoy reading, hiking in the foothills near Denver, live blues music, karaoke and now and then indulging in her karaoke habit.

If you'd like to know more about me, my books, or special offers for free reading, please check my website at www.jessajacobs.com.

{ excerpt } .

It was about time for lunch when Greg appeared at my office door with a strained expression on his face.

"Come in, Greg. What is it?”

“Do you know where Colin is? He’s not at home.”

“No. Have you asked Tom? I didn’t see Colin this morning.”

Greg lifted his eyebrows, but asked no questions. Maybe my frown told him he shouldn’t. After our tiff at dinner last night, I’d slept in the guest room and left the penthouse this morning before he made an appearance. Sofia had to practically chase me down with a carton of Greek yogurt and beg me to at least eat that.

Greg paused, seeming to choose his words carefully before continuing. “Actually, I can’t find Tom either. That was going to be my next question.”

“Why don’t you tell me what you’re trying to find them for, and we’ll go from there.”

His worried look deepened. “I guess I’d better. You and the other ladies need to stay in this building until I can locate Tom and get transport arranged. Luke has made bail, and he’s threatening to finish the job he started.”

Until that moment, I’d never believed one could literally feel the blood drain from one’s face. But I did. “But… How could he have made bail? Wasn’t it something like five million dollars? And if he’s making threats, can’t they pick him up again?”

“Well…” he began.

I stood and put both hands on my hips. “Well, what?”

“He’s not exactly making them in public,” Greg said. He had the grace to look guilty. “He was released a short while ago after an unknown party posted the bail, and yes, it was pretty large. We’ve been monitoring his phones in case this happened.”

“Are you telling me you have an illegal wire tap?” I stopped abruptly on a rising note, and then calmed myself. “No! Don’t say another word. Do not confirm or deny. Let’s go back to Colin and Tom. Why don’t you know where they are?”
Greg shrugged. “I’m not sure. I mean, it isn’t unusual for Tom to keep irregular hours at the office. He has all kinds of shit to deal with. Sorry.” Although his words were casual, he still bore the anxious expression he’d worn at the beginning.

{ review } .

This finale was pretty much what I wanted and more -- everything finally comes to a head: the romance, the suspense, the drama... It's all right here in book three. There are major character changes (some I rooted for), some people who aren't who you think they are, and some really sweet side stories (err... story) that have me hoping for another series off of this one.

Julie questions everything, can't believe some things are true; Colin wants nothing more than to move forward with previous plans. Watching these two figure out everything was well worth the wait from book one through to book three. Colin proves to be a strong, protective alpha male -- but Julie proves to be just as strong as her gutsy words have said time and time again.

Being book three, and therefore the quote-unquote "epilogue" of the serial, I should have expected to love it as much as I did. I'm extremely glad the "step-sibling" thing wasn't overplayed in this serial (even if it is mentioned slightly in this part -- but it worked in the context).

Now that the serial is completed, I'd love to go back and read it all, start to finish, just to re-watch the love story that is Julia and Colin. Watching Colin fight for Julia? It was done extremely well, Jessa Jacobs.

{ previous reviews in serial } .

PART ONE 4★ review }
PART TWO 4★ review }

No comments:

Post a Comment