Monday, April 11, 2016

{ arc } review || FLY WITH ME by Chanel Cleeton


26822886
Berkley | May 3, 2016 | Military Romance
Wild Aces, book 1
★★★★★

SOURCE: PUBLISHER via NETGALLEY


From the author of the Capital Confessions Novels comes the first in the steamy Wild Aces Romance series.

U.S. Air Force fighter pilot Noah Miller—call sign Burn—loves nothing more than flying hard and fast. When he meets a gorgeous and sassy woman while partying in Las Vegas, he immediately locks on to her.

Jordan Callahan owns a thriving clothing boutique, but her love life is far less successful. Her luck changes when six feet, two inches of sexy swagger asks her to dance and turns her world upside down. 

One scorching weekend becomes an undeniable chemistry that they can’t leave in Vegas. But the long distance relationship and their different lives threaten to ground their romance. And when the dangers of Noah’s job become all too real, Jordan learns being with a fighter pilot means risking it all for a shot at love…
amazon | bn

{ review } .

SIDE NOTE: Every time I see the title, my head automatically starts singing, "Come fly with me, let's fly let's fly away...." Just that line.

What an awesome start to a series...!

I generally have 3-4 books going at a time. When I get bored with one couple, I put that book aside and pull up another. It's not too often that I find a book from an author I don't know, and a book I'm not completely fan-girl-ing over (don't get me wrong, I get excited about books from unknowns, but it's just different when it's an author or series you know and love) -- and refuse to put it down.

Well, Fly With Me's Noah and Jordan refused to let me put them aside, even if just for five minutes.

Were there aspects of the story that felt too far-fetched for me? Sure. I mean, c'mon -- you thrust Jordan into a relationship with a military pilot, and into a lifestyle she never fathomed for herself, and essentially give her every single negative aspect of the relationship within the first month of them dating. Wham, bam, thank you, ma'am -- if she had any doubts that the military life was hard, she certainly learned quickly. There's also a key conversation she has with a character that the timing for it was too oddly coincidental, too timely for it to feel real. I would have rather the conversation been with someone else, or the ensuing issues happened to someone else, or the conversation simply happening much earlier than it did.

But those were the points that had me doing the squinty-eye thing.

Other than that...

Neither Noah or Jordan were looking for a relationship. Jordan's in Las Vegas for her baby sister's bachelorette party and while part of her hates that she's thirty and single, she knows to put that aside and be happy for her sister. The unexpected pull she feels toward the man across the club has her backstepping...

Noah hasn't had the best of luck when it comes to relationships and his career. Immediately though, he's drawn to the spunky woman who isn't afraid to go toe-to-toe with him, showing a playful side -- and not letting him get away with too much.

So the questions arise... Is she settling for the first man she's had a serious relationship with in a long time? Are her feelings true, with how quickly they came about? What about all the things she's finally found in her life in Florida? Can she give them up? And can she handle coming second to Noah's military life? She certainly doesn't have her mother's support....

These two were certainly fun to read about. I enjoyed their light sides as well as their serious moments. Beware though -- I literally cried the last 15% or so of the book. Talk about major feels -- and not just for Noah and Jordan! I'm super excited to see where this series is going -- I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment