Monday, November 24, 2014

week of { THANKS }

This year has been a whirlwind of a year for me.

Without getting into all the nitty-gritty of it... let's just say, there's been some growth; equally, though, I feel that there's been a lot of hamster-wheeling (you know, going around and around and around, and no where fast).

The year is coming to an end -- just a little over a month is left! 

November has always been the time people reflect on what they're thankful for.

As always, I'm thankful for my family and friends. My parents and their spouses have been there for me and have helped me through some particularly rough patches this year. My little (big, bad Marine of a) brother, who I'm incredibly close to, went and got married, and I had some qualms about it (no worries, said qualms are said and gone). With those qualms, I had friends allowing me to vent and cry and understand me

Sometimes you just need someone to do just that.

On this (blog/review) level...

I'm not entirely sure how I found NetGalley, but I did. And the broke book lover has been super thankful for it. Not only have I been given the ability to read new books, I've had the opportunity to find new authors -- Emmy Curtis, Tina Ness, Ella Sheridan... 

Cristin Harber I found somehow through Facebook (SAVAGE SECRETS popped up somewhere); Claudia Conner I found through NetGalley and Cristin; JB Salsbury I found through Cristin and InkSlinger, who I connected with through NetGalley.

So while it's not a lot (you can get anywhere from 9 books, to 1 book, depending on your avenue...) I want to give back to YOU for helping me go through this journey. I would like to give one winner at $10 e-gift certificate to BN or Amazon to fulfill her (his?) book obsession. 

No comments:

Post a Comment