Monday, February 22, 2016

{ arc } review || BOOTY CALL by Ainsley Booth


28107711
Self-Published | February 23, 2016 | Genre
Forbidden Bodyguards, book 2
★★★★★

SOURCE: AUTHOR

I know what I’m doing when I text Scott at four in the morning. 

He knows what I’m doing, too. 

That’s why he shows up twenty-three minutes later, freshly showered with a condom in his pocket and a barely dissolved breath mint on his tongue. 

I smirk as he looms over me. “You are such a dirty old man.” 

“We need to stop doing this.” 

“Why?” 

“Because you’re twenty-one and I’m not. Because I want to take you on a f***ing date and you won’t. Because we wind up yelling at each other half the time.” 

“But the rest of the time you’re inside me and it feels so good, right?” 

His eyes darken and I don’t need to look down to know he’s hard for me. 

*** THIS IS A STANDALONE BOOK, CONNECTED TO THE HORUS GROUP SERIES ***

{ review } .

I liked Hailey and Cole.

Oh, who am I kidding. I still really like Hailey and Cole.

And I really liked what we've seen of Wilson so far.

But I wasn't prepared for Scott, and Hailey's little sister, Alison. Twenty to his thirty-four(-ish), Alison wants Scott -- and she's not afraid to show him. The problem is, Scott thinks she's too young. The problem beyond that, though, is that Scott wants Alison too.

I loved watching him battle what he felt was right and what was wrong. I loved watching as he fought jealousy the most. But beyond that, Scott had personal battles, too, and those were very character defining scenes. Just like Alison and her family, Scott has familial issues of his own.

Ali and Scott's story was fun. It wasn't as dramatic as HATE F*@K by any means. And I honestly simply felt that Scott's "dirty" was that he felt like a dirty old man because he wanted barely legal Ali, sister to the woman he was assigned bodyguard duty to whenever Cole couldn't be around. But their story was fun, and their own, and I really enjoyed it.

I also enjoyed watching as Wilson wore his pissy attitude on his face watching monitors... And I really loved that we get some answers about what Cole was doing right before his wedding, from the extended epilogue in the full HATE F*@K serial.

Ainsley Booth and this Horus Group... Just gets better and better!

{ previous forbidden bodyguards reviews } .

HATE F*@K { pt 1 / 2 / 3 }
dirty { here }

No comments:

Post a Comment