Saturday, February 27, 2016

review || MAGNATE by Celia Aaron


28605375
Celia Aaron | January 18, 2016 | Dark, Erotic Romance
Acquisition, book 2
★★★★★

SOURCE: PURCHASED

Lucius Vinemont has spirited me away to a world of sugar cane and sun. There is nothing he cannot give me on his lavish Cuban plantation. Each gift seduces me, each touch seals my fate. There is no more talk of depraved competitions or his older brother – the one who’d stolen me, claimed me, and made me feel things I never should have. Even as Lucius works to make me forget Sinclair, my thoughts stray back to him, to the dark blue eyes that haunt my sweetest dreams and bitterest nightmares. Just like every dream, this one must end. Christmas will soon be here, and with it, the second trial of the Acquisition.

Full disclosure: This book is a dark romance with elements of slavery, violence, BDSM, and super-hot sex. It is the second book of a trilogy and ends on a cliffhanger. If you're good with these caveats, enjoy.

{ review } .

Immediately upon finishing Counsellor, I bought and read this book. I loved getting more insight to the Acquistion and seeing the next trial. The Christmas trial certainly brings the reader more on the emotional front... We end this book with more answers -- answers that are going to have Stella questioning things even further, but more so, give the reader reasons as to why Sin has been acting the way he has.

This was what I needed. Her fear. Her loathing. I slapped my hand over her mouth and stared into her eyes. --Sinclair

Still not the biggest fan of middle brother, Lucius -- but he grows on me a little. The tangled web between Lucius - Stella - Sin becomes a little more complex, and the emotions certainly become deeper. That's not to say that we lose out on the dark aspect of this series. The fear and hurt is definitely still evident -- it's in the trial, and it's in the end, as well.


"Just hang on to me shoulders, okay? You can hurt me all you want. I don't care. Just hold on to me..." --Sinclair

Now that I'm caught up on the series, I don't know how I'm going to wait for the next book to come out...

"...I've seen the way Mr. Sinclair looks at you. I saw how he was for the two weeks you were gone. He needs you, Stella. More than he's ever needed anyone. I think... I hope." She chose her words haltingly. "I hope that you may be the one thing between him and a lifetime of regret. I wasn't strong enough to save Rebecca. But you're different." --Renee to Stella

Easily my favorite dark series of the year. I don't know that another will be able to take the emotion, the darkness, the fear -- of what's to happen, of what needs to happen, of what could happen if the Vinemont family loses... -- and make such a complex story that has gripped me from page one, book one...

{ other reviews in series } .

COUNSELLOR 5★ { review }

No comments:

Post a Comment