Monday, November 9, 2015

review || CALL ME KILLER by Linda Barlow


27401803
Linda Barlow Books | November 1, 2015 | Romantic Suspense
★★★★★

SOURCE: AUTHOR

She doesn’t know they call me Killer.

Used to be I could get any woman I wanted...
I had the Harley, the tats, the ripped bod, the badass attitude.
No ties, no commitments, no limits, no worries.
Until a girl I was seeing vanished.
And the whole damn town decided I murdered her.
I became the perp, the creep, the monster, the killer.

Then into my snarled-up wreck of a life comes Rory.
She’s sassy, inquisitive, super-smart and smokin’ hot.
Silly girl believes I’m innocent.
She’s even trying to prove it.
But she’s got no freaking clue what she’s messing with.

She’s not my type.
She’s way out of my league.
So why does my heart clutch every time I nail her?
Why do I keep her trapped in my home, bound to my bed?
I can't quit her.
Now that she’s mine, ain't no way in hell I’m letting her go.

{ review } .

My knowledge of Linda Barlow books isn't the largest, but I can honestly say that what I've read, I've enjoyed. I loved the hard, super-alpha that is Griff, but equally, I totally enjoyed the spunkiness that was Rory. Their chemistry throughout the book had me wanting to read more -- had me turning the pages. Griff has been burned time and time again, and after a relationship gone disastrously wrong, he keeps the ladies emotionally away with all that it takes. He's still all man, of course, and the only times you really see that guard fall initially, is when women bring up the fact that he's a likely murderer. Needless to say, trust isn't something he has a whole lot of.

I very much enjoyed Rory's character -- surprising for me, considering everything that embodies her person. There's more to her than meets the eye, but on the surface, she's an extremely likeable character -- something that Griff has a problem with. That's not to say she's not a strong character, though. She's definitely the independent sort.

Perhaps one of mMy favorite scene is actually toward the end, and it deals with fights and safe-words -- I think that particular scene showcases the strength both characters have, as well as puts them both in a vulnerable position.

Definitely a great read and one I'll go back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment