Wednesday, January 28, 2015

review || CAN'T GET ENOUGH ( back-blogging )

When I saw this book on NetGalley, I thought that the author's name & series name/town name were familiar... however, I couldn't put my finger on it.

So when I "Goodreads'd" my review on 11/24 after I finished the book, I was surprised to see CAN'T HOLD BACK -- a novella I had read, but wasn't one hundred percent fond of.

...but that must have been the novela talking because this book? CAN'T GET ENOUGH? Well, it was phenomenal. And I've gotta say? Out of all three covers this one was by far my favorite.














Can't Get Enough by Molly McLain


Publisher: Molly McLain Books, LLC (11/24/2014)
Series: River Bend, book 2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: NetGalley
Buy It For Your Kindle | Nook || Goodreads

My Rating:




When life gives you lemons, find a former Marine with sexy abs to lick the lemonade from...Tony Dunn's panty-snatching bachelor life has been turned upside down--he now has custody of a daughter he didn't even know he fathered. With his focus solely on doing right by his little girl, the last thing he needs is a sexy, totally distracting blonde showing up on his doorstep.

Nicole Hodges is in River Bend temporarily, to handle her grandmother's estate and get the heck out of Dodge before her past catches up with her. Only problem is...she likes the quiet little town more than she expects, and she can't resist overextending herself to help her built-like-a-bad-boy neighbor get his life back on track.

Tony and Nicole have different goals in mind, none of which include a relationship. But what harm could come from a little fun--the naked kind--if they both know the rules up front?

- - -
connect with Molly || website | amazon author page | facebook | twitter
- - -
When I first started to read this book, I was a bit put off by the theme -- babysitter-turned-momma. It's been a bit overdone this year... at least, in the world that I've been reading in. I've read a number of this theme this year.
However, I have to say...
This one was done really well, and I really enjoyed it.

Tony... oh, Tony, where to begin. He's got this single-dad-gig down, but he beats himself up over it.
"So please... don't come knocking on my door telling me I could do better. I already fucking know that. I live with it every goddamn day."
 ...but really, he's doing the best he can. He took on fatherhood when people didn't expect him to. He's doing well and while he knows there can always be better... Most parents think that. Would he like someone to share the 'burden' with? Sure... but he knows that looking to his nanny (who yes, he admits, is gorgeous and great with his daughter) is wrong.

Eventually, of course, they both give in to the attraction and it's hot -- I mean, c'mon, single good looking dad? Gorgeous girl who is phenomenal with his kid? Of course the whole little-family-in-the-making was going to happen.

All in all, this was a super, super cute story. I liked it so much more than the novella that I read. If I knew that they were attached to one another, I likely would have passed up on this beauty, but oh, the power of ignorance.

This story will make you happy, this story will make you sad... Your heart will break for Tony a few times, and you may just cry... but then again, I'm a crier. 
"I know you're not her mother. I know it makes me an ass to even say those words out loud. But I'm tied to a woman I hate for the rest of my life. And the woman I love? She's not sticking around."
Oh, and Molly's little note in her "Note from the Author"? Oooh, Ally and Mark, I'm super excited, especially due to the starting point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment