Tuesday, August 25, 2015

review || EMPHATIC { release day } Kaylee Ryan

* email for link submit
Kaylee Ryan | August 25, 2015 | New Adult Romance
★★★★★

SOURCE: GIVE ME BOOKS

There comes a point in your life where you have to say enough is enough.

I wasted my college years on a guy who played with my head, played with my heart. I was blinded by the fairytale, the one that didn’t exist.

The day I gave up on the idea of happily ever after, my focus became me. Moving forward and establishing my career.

Until one day…

I didn’t expect him. My new boss, a six foot two, inked rock god. I believed I was working for the record label, I was wrong.

It’s impossible for me to keep my distance, believe me I’ve tried. He’s not who I expected him to be. He’s so much more he’s…Emphatic
amazon US / UK | ibooks | kobo


{ about karen ferry } .

Kaylee Ryan has had a passion for reading since she was a little girl. That passion has slowly led to spinning romantic tales, and a one-click addiction. When she doesn’t have her nose stuck in her kindle or fingers glued to the keyboard, you can find Kaylee hanging out with friends and family. She loves all genres of music, and enjoys scrapbooking. She lives in Ohio with her husband (her real life happily ever after) and their rambunctious little boy.

{ review } .

When I read JUST SAY WHEN a few months ago, I knew that I was lucky enough to find yet another indie publisher that I could easily stand behind. Yet again, she has brought forth another easy-to-read, good-to-your-heart, you-can't-help-but-love-them couple with Kacen and Logan.



I feel that the whole vulnerable-woman, over-confident man theme can be overdone, overwritten, and hard to grow upon, but I didn't find myself annoyed with Logan and her trust issues, or Kacen and his own issues -- especially when it became Kacen who realized exactly what it was he had in front of him. (I love when my men fall hard...)

I loved that while Logan was jaded when it came to men, she had the balls to eventually decide enough was enough, and walk away from a bad situation. Walking into tattooed, rocker Kacen's arms wasn't exactly in her plans, but she'd soon learn that even he had a past he was hiding from. She'd also learn that there was more between them then a lust-filled trip in Hawai'i years ago.

Kacen had a protective streak a mile long and his alpha tendencies toward Logan made me swoon. Yes, swoon. His rockstar facade covers such a good guy and I loved him to pieces. Ok, honestly? I loved the entire band and would not be disappointed to find Kaylee writing more stories of this crew.

{ giveaway } .


No comments:

Post a Comment