Thursday, June 4, 2015

review || HAPPILY EVER NEVER


25195265














Happily Ever Never by Jennifer Foor

Publisher: JMF Publishing Inc (5/31/2015)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: InkSlinger PR
Purchase links || amazon | kobo || add to goodreads

Rating: ★★






I was about to marry the man of my dreams.

We had it all; a life that most could only wish for. I felt like the luckiest woman in the world.

Then, in the blink of an eye, it was taken from me.

Now I can’t grasp how to move forward.

I don’t even think I want to.

Whether I’m dead or alive, my happily ever after is NEVER going to happen.


about Jennifer || Jennifer Foor is an award winning Contemporary Romance Author. She's best known for the Mitchell Family Series, which includes ten books.

She is married with two children and spends most of her time behind a keyboard, writing stories that come from her heart.


{ excerpt } .
It kept repeating in my head.

Major was gone forever.

His life was over.

We would never be married.

Having his children was out of the question.

I was alone, dependent on myself once again and it petrified me. I wanted him back, and I didn’t care how wrong that sounded. How was I to go on when all that I loved had been ripped away? 
{ review } .
This was a shorter read, but it was still a fairly gripping read, and a beautiful love story about the many trials love can go through.

In need of going out, Bailey's best friend signs her up on an online dating site. After a date gone terribly wrong, she ends up running into Major -- who, like she, was named after a grandfather. Two months later, they move in with one another, and the relationship gets serious.

Now, they're set to get married. If there's one thing about Major's life that Bailey doesn't like, it's his best friend, Vince. However, she fully understands that Vince was in Major's life first, that Vince is closer to Major than Major's own brothers are, and Vince is a really good friend for Major -- so she knows better than to get in between the two.

Doesn't mean she has to like the womanizing ass, but she will accept him for her fiance.

When Major dies before their wedding, though, Bailey will go through a ton of grieving, only to go through more when the little things start popping up.

I enjoyed this story. I loved the whole enemies to friends to lovers aspect, especially because of the amount of hatred Bailey felt toward Vince. I loved that Vince fought to help Bailey and fought to keep her in his life.
“I’m okay if you never stop loving him, just as long as it’s me who gets to be there to pick up the pieces.” --Vince
And when their life starts to fall into place? Yet again, the pieces will crumble.

Watching Bailey learn to accept things was lovely, but understanding why Vince was the way he was and how he hides things... that was the truest gem, I found. I would love to revisit these two in the future, both by re-reading their story, but by visiting them again.

This is one of those books that will be like P.S. I Love You for me -- when you need a good cry, pick this bad boy up.

No comments:

Post a Comment