Monday, June 29, 2015

mignon's || monday•musings

Of every day to come to a realization, certainly fits that it's on a Monday, on a day I once upon a time dubbed MIGNON'S MONDAY MUSINGS...

So what do I have to say today, that's not a review or reveal or a promo?

How about the fact that sometimes I end up over my head when it comes to this reviewing venture I started about a year ago?

In the past year, I've been privileged to read a number of books, new and old, for free.

Reader lover's

DREAM

come

TRUE.

No joke.

When my parents or friends ask about why I do this, or when my mom finds paid review jobs (for books that do not hold my interest), I simply tell them I do get paid -- I'm reading books for free; I'm reading books that I otherwise would be paying up to $8 for, if not $14+ (see: Maya Banks). 

Do I still purchase books?

Absolutely! 

But again, I've been lucky enough to read books that I want to read, read books from authors I'd never give a chance to (because I'm snarky like that), read books that I'd never even hear of if it weren't for this adventure I embarked on.

However, as with anything, there was a bit of a learning curve to get around.

The first few months, it was over-booking and missing key dates through my NetGalley account. 

Once I figured out a great way to utilize my Erin Condren planner, everything settled for a while. And then it kind of got messy again.

So I decided that I was going to put a cap on my weekly tours.

Yeah, I'm still working on figuring that one out.

...and then there was last night, at about 8 pm, as I was heading to bed before needing to get up at 3 am to work.

I probably should keep Monday's open and free from tours. Why? In case my weekend gets nutso-crazy and I haven't gotten a chance to organize my posts for the next week... Because next thing you know? It's 8 pm, you have to wake up in 7 hours, and you have 4+ posts to organize... 

NEVERMIND THE FACT that you don't have internet and do everything at home from your phone when you haven't packed up the laptop and went to a hotspot (like I'm at now).

So today was crummy, and I learned from it.

No more Monday tours. I'll keep Monday's for personal posts and pre-drafted reviews.

My apologies to the tour hosts I work with, and the authors I reviewed for today. Your reviews are up! Late, but up. 

And thank you for the opportunities to read -- you make the reader in me happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment