Thursday, January 1, 2015

{ top books || of TWENTY•14 }

Whoop!
Can you believe it's already 2015? This last year went by both fast and slow -- mainly fast.
 
I have been so thankful to have discovered NetGalley and the world of Book Blogging this year. Pre-June 2014, I was known to "put a book away a day", but because of my schedule and whatnot, I'd read a book, get busy, and realize a month later that I hadn't read in AGES.
 
Well... that's not the case anymore. I have the opportunity to read as much as I want (save for the times I should be working... you know, doing the adult real world thing). I sometimes will read a book a day... sometimes I manage 2 a day... but I've been averaging 4 or so a week (and in instances such as right now, I have 4 going; yes, I can read more than one book at a time and keep them straight).
 
There were a few books this year that really stood out to me. My original plan was to be sure they all had reviews up so I could link them, but unfortunately some of those TITAN books... well, they still need official reviews.
 
And for the record? My 2015 list has already begun :) WORTH THE FALL's follow-up, WORTH THE RISK, has already made that list (with a few others I've managed to get my hands on well before publication date).
 
I've read 130+ books (courtesy of NetGalley, InkSlinger, and individual authors) with 2014 publication dates -- since June.

My goodness...
 
So, in no particular order... the 25 that stood out the most.
 
mignon's top books of { TWENTY•14 } .
 
Debuts
WORTH THE FALL (Claudia Connor)
RUNAWAY HEART (Amity Lassiter) 
DANGEROUS TERRITORY (Emmy Curtis) -- novella for ALPHA OPS series
ONLY WITH YOU (Lauren Layne) -- while this wasn't her first published, it was her 'break' book
 
Military
SAVAGE SECRETS (Cristin Harber)
HART ATTACK (Cristin Harber)
HOT REBEL (Lynn Rae Harris) -- favorite of this series
IGNITED (Kaylea Cross)
 
Contemporary
TEACH ME (Ella Sheridan)
A LOVE OF VENGEANCE (Nancy Haviland)
ACCIDENTAL ASSASSIN (Nichole Chase)
PIERCED (Sydney Landon)
TRUTH OR DARE (Mira Lyn Kelly)
LUCK ON THE LINE (Zoraida Cordova)
CAN'T GET ENOUGH (Molly McLain)
THE CHARLOTTE CHRONICLES (Jen Frederick) -- originally 'published' via newsletter
UNCIVILIZED (Sawyer Bennett)

Paranormal
CHARMING THE BEAST (Cynthia Eden)
MARKED (Rebecca Zanetti)
 
BDSM
DESIRED (Stacey Kennedy)

New Adult
BROKEN (Lauren Layne)

Sport
ALEX (Sawyer Bennett)

Historical
HOW TO BEGUILE A DUKE (Ally Broadfield)
IN LOVE WITH A WARRIOR (Kara Griffin)

No comments:

Post a Comment