Thursday, October 30, 2014

review || IT WILL ALWAYS BE YOU


It Will Always Be You by Tina Ness


Publisher: Amazon Digital (10/26/2014)
Series: You, book 1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: Author
Buy It For Your Kindle || Goodreads
My Rating: ★1/2

After surviving four years with a commitment-phobic boyfriend, Elizabeth wants nothing more than to settle down. Too bad the man she desires, Marshall Roderick, leaves her flustered, trembling, and unable to utter a single word when he’s near. 

Assuming he’s the very definition of a womanizing bachelor, Elizabeth relegates him to fantasyland and makes no move to get to know him. That is, until a chance encounter along the shores of Lake Superior leads to drinks and a steamy romance. 

Confident, successful, and freakishly handsome, Marshall is everything Elizabeth has been looking for. But when an unthinkable act of violence shakes them both to the core, she discovers that Marshall isn’t as carefree and put-together as he led her to believe. 

Now it’s up to Marshall and Elizabeth to figure out if their love can heal the scars of the past and turn them into the people they’ve always wanted to be.


- - -


Connect with Tina || Goodreads | Twitter | Facebook

- - -


Let me just start out with:

What a cute story.

Elizabeth is a serious introvert who is terrified of the attraction she feels toward Marshall. I completely, 100%-ly related to Elizabeth. She tries to ignore him, stutters around him, turns all sorts of shades of red around him...

...it was very much like reading me on the page.

When she finds out that he's been harboring similar feelings toward her for the 2 years that they've been crossing paths... well, it leaves her a bit baffled. However, as most stories do, Marshall has some skeletons in his closet that make the impending relationship with Elizabeth take the back-burner. He pulls her forward, pushes her back, and confuses her to no end. When she decides she's had enough, he fights back for her. It takes him time to come forth and explain it to her, but some skeletons are harder than others to admit to.

I will say, though, that while I understand him and his ways, I was a bit irritated, to say the least, with him when he invited her to his family home, and when his family ends up in a bit of a frenzy due to said skeletons, well, he pushes her away. Excuse me, kind sir, you felt she was worthy enough to meet your family, but now you're pushing her away?

I did not expect the twist those skeletons made, of course, which means the book was really well written -- I can usually see these things from the get-go.

I really did enjoy this story. If I haven't been giving out 5s like Trick-or-Treat candy, this would have been a 5 -- I just have to be a bit more strict with such a high rating (I'm totally going to be the push-over parent someday).

Oh! And if I read the little blurb at the end correctly... the next book is Marshall's story! We get to read the book from his perspective, I believe. I'm totally ecstatic for that. I love how he notices her little quirks and calming techniques (spinning ring) and when he replaces that ring with his own... Oh, be still my heart. Such a simple gesture but I loved it. I can't wait to read into his thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment